Principal UX Consultant
Sorry, applications for this position closed on Sunday 15th January 2017.
Keep an eye on our Twitter account for future openings.
We’re looking for an experienced design leader with at least eight years experience to join our friendly and supportive team in the heart of Brighton
We’re a group of smart, passionate people with the support, trust and freedom to do the job we love. We like to think we’re free from the typical constraints of big agencies and have fostered a culture that will encourage you to do the best and most fulfilling work of your career. You’ll get to tackle big, interesting challenges for diverse clients — we’ve worked for Penguin, Channel 4, eBay, UNICEF, and Kew Gardens to name just a few.
- Leading a cross–functional product design team
- Defining and articulating product vision & strategy
- Designing and facilitating participatory design workshops
- Understanding and communicating organisational objectives and audience needs
- Generating innovative product concepts and service blueprints with clients and colleagues
- Supporting continuous learning throughout the design process
- Coaching junior colleagues
- Participating with the design community at large
- Competitive salary £50–£60k depending on experience
- Flexible, family-friendly working hours
- Generous holiday allowance
- Substantial training budget
- A friendly, creative studio environment two minutes walk from the seaside
- Top notch coffee and tea
Boring, important stuff:
- The deadline for applications is Sunday 15th January 2017.
- Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
- We can’t accept agency applications for this position.
The things we value
We like people who bring their own unique style to the team and help make us greater than the sum of our parts. If any of the following values resonate with you, then we should get together for a chat.
You get under the skin of problems
You insist on understanding the problem before considering solutions, even if that means starting out with ‘just–enough research’. You focus on the needs of the people using your products and services, but balance them with those of the product owners and technical team
You are articulate
You understand that success can often rest on the quality of communication. You pride yourself on expressing your ideas clearly and with a strong sense purpose that encourages trust from your colleagues and clients.
You do your best work leading and collaborating within cross–functional teams and know that shared understanding is their secret sauce. You instinctively share your ideas with colleagues, peers and the community, and love to see them adapt and evolve as a result of constructive criticism.
You think strategically
You are a big–picture thinker but understand the benefits of making complex ideas simple through diagrams and concept maps. Workshops are often your medium, and the outputs are invariably walls full of drawings and post-it notes. You enjoy sketching out ideas with clients and teammates, but are hands-on enough to help bring those ideas into reality.
You know your craft
You know the best way to tackle complex problems is by remaining agile. You understand and respect the differences between the various design and development processes, while not following any practice unthinkingly. You have a large set of techniques to draw upon, but rather than fetishising deliverables, you focus on outcomes.
Does this sound like you?
If so, please drop a short note to firstname.lastname@example.org, tell us why you’re right for this role and point us to a showcase of your own work. We’re more interested in understanding your approach to design problems than seeing a collection of shiny deliverables.
We’re looking forward to hearing from you.